My First Apple Pie
Last week I made my first apple pie from scratch.
Here is the recipe. I added one secret ingredient - lemon zest.
- 1/2 L or 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 of a stick (90 g) of unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons of cold water or apple cider - I used apple cider
- 1 egg (for brushing, helps the surface get golden)
- Milk (for brushing)
- 1 TBL spoon of lemon zest and lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 80 mL or 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 80 mL or 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 6 medium-sized apples (McIntosh or Granny Smith)
This pie tastes delicious with vanilla ice cream! And it tastes even better in US!
If I would've made this pie in Chad I would have paid 7$ for six apples imported from South Africa ...